Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, and this week’s topic is “Books I’d slay a lion to get early!”
1&2. The first one that comes to mind is the sequel to Children of Blood and Bone. There isn’t even a title yet but I WANT IT! Next up is the sequel to City of Brass, The Kingdom of Copper. No cover image for either of those yet. (Update: the title for the Children of Blood and Bone sequel is Children of Virtue and Vengeance, due out in 2019!)
3. The Winter of the Witch, luckily, I don’t have to wait too much longer for, as it comes out in August. It’s the conclusion to the trilogy Katherine Arden started with The Bear and the Nightingale and The Girl in the Tower. You’d better believe I will spend August in the frozen forests of Russia!
4. The author of The Crown’s Game and The Crown’s Fate, Evelyn Skye, is coming out with a new series at some point, starting with Circle of Shadows. There’s no information on what it’s about, but it’s Evelyn Skye, it’s bound to be amazing!
5. Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix, Julie C. Dao’s sequel to Forest of a Thousand Lanterns, is due out in November and I CAN’T WAIT.
6. Another one I don’t have to wait too much longer for is Endless Water, Starless Sky, the sequel to Bright Smoke, Cold Fire. Rosamund Hodge’s retelling of Romeo and Juliet is AMAZING and I can’t wait to see where it goes. It’s due out in July.
7. The next Tortall book! Tempests and Slaughter was excellent, as always, and I really hope the sequel will answer some questions left in the air with the first. There isn’t a title, or cover, or release date or anything yet. But Tamora Pierce is hard at work.
8. The Iron Season is supposed to be out sometime this year! It’s the sequel to The Golem and the Jinni, an enchanting debut novel I read several years ago. No title or cover art yet. (Which makes me think it might not come out this year, as it was announced in 2015, and no word since then.)
9. The sequel to The Thinking Woman’s Guide to Real Magic is being worked on, but no title, cover, or release date. Someday? Please?
10. Starless by Jacqueline Carey. I have fond memories of Kushiel’s Dart, though after the first trilogy they became less interesting. Miranda and Caliban was okay. But I’ve read the first chapter of Starless when it was released online, and I am DYING to read the rest! It’s due out in June, so not too long to wait.
Lots of TTT bloggers have been talking about The Winter of the Witch this week. You all are making me very curious to check it out, although I should probably read the first two instalments of that series first.
Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!
You DEFINITELY should read the first two. The second would not have made much sense at all without the first, so I’m sure the the third won’t either. The Bear and the Nightingale was good, but I think The Girl in the Tower was better. I can’t wait for the conclusion!
I can’t believe I didn’t think about the City of Brass sequel!! Probably because of no cover art/release date! Great picks though!!! Here’s my TTT if you want to check it out: http://nerdnarrationblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/01/top-ten-tuesday-books-id-slay-for/
I follow Chakraborty on Twitter, so I’ve been reading about her doing revisions. I loved City of Brass so much!
Ah, insider info!! That’s the secret! It was great and despite stellar reviews, it’s one people don’t really talk about that much!
I really want to read Children of Blood and Bone after all the hype! I haven’t actually hear of too many books on your list 😛
My ttt: https://bookslifeotheroddities.wordpress.com/2018/05/01/top-ten-tuesday-books-id-try-to-slay-a-lion-to-get/
I just finished Children of Blood and Bone a couple days ago, and yes! I need book two. Also, I completely forgot about Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix. Another one I need ASAP.
Good list. 🙂
Oooh Winter of the Witch looks so good!! I really need to read that series! I’m also excited for Endless Water, Starless Sky!
I loved Bright Smoke, Cold Fire SO MUCH. Classic story retellings are my JAM. Shakespeare, Fairy tales, Austen – love them all. I can’t WAIT for that sequel!
Oh I’m super excited for Circle of Shadows, apparently it’s about assassins!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/01/top-ten-tuesday-157/
Yep! Ninja assassins. Should be awesome.
Yes it should be!